Saturday, July 7, 2012

Things I Learned This Weekend

1. The diagnostic cycle was a BFN. Duh. I went in on the 5th for our pregnancy test, but my body has been wanting to start spotting for almost a week and the progesterone has been the only thing holding that off. It was pretty obvious to me that it was a bust anyway, but procedures are procedures.

2. It's news to everyone at Cooper that I wanted to do IVF this month. Umm, why else would I be here?! I made it pretty clear on several occasions, but it doesn't help that I see someone different pretty much every time I am there. When I went in for the beta draw, I asked if I should make an appointment with Dr. C to discuss the next steps, but they said to wait for my results and they would provide instructions. When the call finally came, I was told to stop the progesterone, but that there were no appointments with Dr. C until August (?!) and that I didn't have a protocol or any scripts written up (?!?!). Apparently, I still need more tests that I wasn't told about and my HSG and medical records from Penn still aren't there.

3. I may not be able to cycle in July after all. Even though DH and I rushed in this morning for the infectious disease blood work, there is still no protocol or scripts. Today, I began bleeding, so tomorrow really should be CD1. That means ALL OF THIS needs to be sorted out in the next 72 hours or July is out of the picture. I only get two personal days per year and I am starting a new position in September, so I was really counting on two chances this summer. I will be crushed if this logistical nightmare forces us to wait until August. IVF was supposed to bring me hope and right now, all I feel like doing is crying...

No comments:

Post a Comment