Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The difference 24 hours makes...

Twenty-four hours ago, I was in the land of uncertainty. I posted here last night about my hopes for a July cycle and that I wasn't sure that Cooper could get their sh*t together to get it going.

This evening, I have two giant grocery bags full of meds, I start stims tonight, and I am nearly $4k poorer. Yes, you read that correctly. The meds came in much more expensive than estimated.

If you had asked us a year or two ago what $4k looked like, I would have said, "new hardwood floors" or "a new shed to replace the dilapidated one in the back yard!" C most certainly would have said "a sizable down payment on a Harley!" That's no longer our reality. Today, this is what $4k looks like:


As it turns out, I was able to get the cultures testing done today and the medical records rep from Penn called to confirm that she had sent out the HSG and IF records. My baseline ultrasound and bloodwork looked great, so we begin stims tonight.

In typical Cooper IVF nurse fashion, she only told me the very beginning of the protocol before I was whisked off to the front desk to make my appointment for my first follicle check on Friday the 13th (dun dun DUN!). I didn't realize that Ganirelix was in the protocol until I picked up the meds, so I have no idea when I will be starting it...

It's a good thing that I am not a need-my-hand-held kind of patient because Cooper really is a DIY kind of IVF clinic. It is, however, much less expensive and I may never have been able to afford treatment without their pricing. It is what it is, I guess.

So, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment