Thursday, July 19, 2012

Here's some math for you...

After much research, I had a few numbers in my head about what this whole process would cost. There is really no way to know exactly how much the meds will cost until they have been prescribed and run through insurance, but let me tell you, the estimates were off. Way off.

I just got the call from the billing office to "pay up." Our ER is fast approaching and we need to be paid in full before I go under the knife, or rather probe-mounted vag cam with needles. After the sticker shock of the meds, I was holding my breath anticipating how much this would be.

So here's some math:

     retrieval
     fertilization
     anesthesia
     transfer
  + freezing     
     less than big bag o' meds

Seriously.

And if you are considering a longer distance RE (like I did), here's something else to think about:

     monthly cost of frozen storage < gas and tolls to drive to RE's office

But, ya know what, it's all good because apparently I had a $13.42 credit from one of my post-coital tests, so really I am saving money... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment