Monday, July 23, 2012

Six Embies are Growing!

Of the seven eggs retrieved yesterday, all were fertilized and only one fertilized abnormally. I am taking this as a good sign. That leaves us with two embies to transfer on Wednesday and hopefully four frosties left to freeze.

As for me, I felt pretty good all day yesterday other than some soreness from bloating and cramping. At bedtime, however, I started to get some swelling in my ankles and the dreaded mild shoulder pain and my abdomen was even more tender than before. It appeared that I was retaining lots of water and fluid and that I should take it easy.

This morning, however, my swelling had gone down significantly and I felt like just slightly less than a million bucks. I felt mildly crampy today, but not enough to keep me from meeting with a coworker about a project and running my shopping errands. Overall, I feel really good.

Most of all, I am glad to be feeling good and being out and about because the rest of my week doesn't look so exciting. After the transfer on Wednesday, I will be on complete bedrest for two days, and I am not looking forward to it! I am generally pretty energetic and always looking for something to do. Even with summers off, I keep really busy because I am totally boredom-phobic. Seriously.

I'm staring down the barrel of two days at home alone with pretty much nothing to do. I will surround our bed with the laptop, iPad, TV and some DVDs, but this is going to be painful...

~~~

I knew that an IVF cycle would require an incredible amount of monitoring, and this cycle actually exceeded my expectations if that were at all possible. It's pretty obvious to me that fresh cycling will not really be feasible during the school year, so I am really pleased to have any frozen embies at all. It will still require a lot of monitoring, but at least a FET is feasible during the school year.

Naturally, an IFer always plans for the worst, so I am already thinking about what we will do if this fails. We can transfer two more frosties in August and hope for the best, then maybe another FET with the remaining two in December, assuming they all make it to freeze. We have a lot of time off in December and hopefully that will reduce the amount of time needed from work since I only really get two personal days per year.

Ahh, the stress... I really need to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment