Monday, July 30, 2012

Here they are!

When I am at work, I am a wonder of digital creations, a force of electronic pictures, prints and publishing. When I am at home, however, I have a desktop without MS Word and a slow "student loaner" laptop.

It took me a while to get it together and figure out a way to get our embie photo onto the laptop, but here it is:


These are our precious two embies, an eight-cell and a seven-cell, both high quality, that we transferred on Wednesday.

When you are doing IUIs, everything is imagined and theoretical. You see the follicles, but never the eggs. You see the sample, but not the sperm. You get the insemenation, but you never know what happens in there after that.

For the first time ever, we saw that C and I can create life and, maybe it sounds crazy, but we both got emotional when we saw this photo.

At Cooper, we had several post-coital tests and the nurses actually put the CM under a microscope (OK, it was actually kind of gross) and we could see C's sperm. I know that's weird, but we actually saw it instead of just hearing about it. Obviously, I saw the follicles in the ultrasound like I had so many times before with IUIs, but this time I got to see so much more. Whether or not this cycle works, and I hope beyond hope that it does, C and I got to see life - two beautiful embies that we created. And they were alive and thriving when they were transferred back in.

I have tried to do everything possible in my conscious life to take care of them, but I hope that my ute is doing what she can, too. I truly hope that the next time you see these little blasts, they are little ultrasound peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment