Sunday, August 26, 2012

Please Please Please Stick!

As much as I knew that this FET would be the end of the road for a while, it really sunk in today when we were at our ET.

Technically, the fund of money that we had set aside for IVF is gone, but the FET by comparison was pretty affordable and we could have scraped together for another one. Yesterday morning, however, they defrosted all three of our remaining embryos hoping to choose the best two and refreeze the leftover loner. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

While the two embryos that we transferred today were further developed than the three-day seven- and eight-cells from before, we lost the third embryo. It stopped growing and was actually regressing, so they deemed it "not worth saving."

Of the two that we transferred, one was a solid eight-cell morula well on its way to becoming the highly-sought blastocyst. The second had a few dead cells on the perimeter (yikes!), but was a still-growing partial morula. Hopefully, that's OK...

I'm sitting in our basement in our new recliner loveseat (much comfier than laying in bed!) just wasting time. Tomorrow will be my first time doing bedrest completely alone as C will be at work and no one else really knows that I'm even on bedrest.

Just to reassure myself in whatever way possible, I made C buy a pineapple today to do the whole pineapple-core-to-improve-implantation thing. Whatever. At least it makes me feel slightly more in control of a situation that is basically out of my control. Blah. And on to the 2ww...

No comments:

Post a Comment