Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More Estrace, Please

Today is the day to add another Estrace tablet to my dosage. I generally am one of those people who never has side effects from meds, but I have had some cramping in my right ovary area for the past two days. It comes and goes, so I haven't really worried about it, but I do have to wonder if I didn't form a cyst of some kind.

According to Dr. Google, side effects for Estrace are mostly uncommon and they include symptoms like spotting, mild nausea, breast tenderness and hair loss. (Yikes!) Nothing was mentioned of cramping, however. That's what makes me think that there may be a cyst, and hope that its not going to be a problem.

Despite my numerous medicated cycles in the past, I never produced too many follicles or experienced anything close to OHSS. Stims can cause cysts, however, and I have had a cyst or two in the past from just Clomid cycles. I guess that means it's entirely possible that all that Menopur and Bravelle could have caused a residual cyst.

Of course, this is all semi-panicked IF paranoia based on nothing, but it is possible. During a FET cycle, pretty much the only things that need to be closely monitored are lining and estradiol. Just as luck would have it, cysts can elevate estradiol and on top of that, I am taking lots of Estrace. Oy.

It's probably nothing and maybe the cramping was just a one off, but when you are used to being monitored 3-4 times per week, no monitoring can let your imagination run wild.

OK, put the crazy thoughts away, MM, and just get on with it...

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember... I'm sure you mentioned it before, but did you have a lap? Any history of endo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No to both questions. I have never had a lap, and I have never showed any signs of endo. Luckily, I haven't really experienced much cramping since this post, so I'm hoping that there is no cyst...

    ReplyDelete