Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Moving on to FET #1

It's actually been quite a whirlwind since the BFFN on Monday. After spending some time bumming around the house and just being silent, C and I decided to go out and look at the some furniture that we had been eyeing for some time.

We headed out to a local furniture store for some retail therapy and ended up buying a big sectional sofa for our basement. Admittedly, most of the house was decorated with no input from him, but this time, we basically just got whatever he wanted. I would normally be horrified by a sectional microfiber sofa with overstuffed arms and built-in cupholders, but it really made him happy. It's in the basement "manspace," so I felt it was totally appropriate.

Back at Christmastime, we received a Groupon for a three-hour whale and dolphin watching cruise in Cape May, NJ. Totally on a whim, we decided to make a reservation for Tuesday and just whisk off to the shore. With almost no notice or planning, we went to Cape May yesterday, spent four hours on the water just looking at dolphins and sea turtles (no whales, sadly) and just enjoying the day together. We went up to Wildwood and had dinner at a margarita bar, then just drove home, significantly more relaxed than we had been before.

Honestly, spending time with C cleaning out the basement to prepare for the new sofa, then jetting off to the beach was probably the best way for us to cope with the BFN. We both felt more at peace last night and ready to move on to the next step.

~~~

I was just beginning spotting at the beginning of this week, so AF arrived pretty much immediately after stopping progesterone. I called Cooper to make an appointment for baseline, then left a message for the IVF nurses to call me back. Much to my pleasant surprise, Cooper will not require a month of BCPs and is letting me go forward with the FET this month.

The nurses also called me back right away this morning and ordered my Estrace and PIO already. Tomorrow is already CD3, so it is kind of amazing and shocking how quickly we are back in the game.

Also rather touching, for the first time ever, C spent some time at work this morning researching FETs and sending me optimistic texts. He is building up hope again and that really warmed my heart. He found articles about how FETs can be more successful than fresh cycles and how only the best embryos survive the thaw, thus weeding out any embryos that might not make it in the long run. I'm not sure if this information coincides with what I have read elsewhere, but for now I am choosing to believe it.

Anyway, onwards with FET #1... 

No comments:

Post a Comment