Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's On... Again!

This morning was my monitoring check-in for FET #1 and it seems like the news was good. My lining was a 14 and looked "very good." I'm not sure to what extent the Estrace played a role in that as my lining is always pretty good.

I finally got the call earlier this evening with our instructions for the FET and fortunately everything fell into place nicely. This was also one of the rare occasions when I had a pen and paper handy for writing down all the information, and it's a good thing because there was a lot to know.

Here are the levels:
Estradiol: 205
Progesterone: 0.4
LH: 8
FSH: 3

And here is the plan:

Estrace - I am going to continue with the three oral pills per day, but tonight is the last vaginal dose.

Progesterone - Tomorrow I need a 1cc PIO shot before noon, then on Friday I will begin 2cc shots once per day in the evening. I will also begin with the progesterone suppositories tomorrow night, then Friday begin with both morning and bedtime doses.

Antibiotics/Steroid - Begin both oral meds tomorrow for five days.

Transfer - The transfer is set for Sunday. An embryologist will call me tomorrow with the results of the thaw and how our embies are developing. The timing works out perfectly so that C is off work to take me to transfer and we don't miss his big show on Saturday night.

~~~

To be perfectly honest, I am terrified of this PIO shot. I have read a lot about how painful they can be and C has never given an IM shot, so I am pretty worried. It also seems like a ton of progesterone! In the past during the diagnostic cycle and IVF #1, I was taking 200mg or 400mg of progesterone suppositories. This time, I am taking 400mg of suppositories in addition to the PIO.

I am really hopeful, though, and I am not sure why. I am not a religious person, so I always seem to revert to my notions of superstitions and fate. This cycle just seems luckier than IVF #1 - it just seems to make sense. 

I was reluctant to tell too many people about IVF #1 because I was afraid that they would be wondering about timing, symptoms and eventually our success. The fewer people that know about a cycle, the fewer people need to be told that it was a BFN. So many relatives, however, were concerned for us and knew that we were finally attempting it that it was inevitable that everyone knew. 

This time, I only told my mom about the FET, and I actually was thinking about not telling her either. Unless she told more people, she is the only one who knows. That is comforting to me for some reason. 

Also, this cycle is just so perfect. It's the end of our money (which sucks and scares the sh*t out of me), and it is also the end of the summer. If this fails, I honestly do not know what we will do next. I can't imagine how I could do a fresh cycle during work and that terrifies me. There is also the constant torment of the "due date game."

Every IFer I have known does this to herself, too. You can't help but calculate what the due date would be for each cycle, and this one is a beauty. If this FET worked, we would be due in mid-May. I would require almost no maternity leave (which is great because the leave pay at my job is terrible) and would miss very little of the school year. At the risk of overthinking it, it would be perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment