Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Symptoms?

I am having relatively few symptoms at this point, which isn't really surprising, I guess.

I heard somewhere that the more hormonal/moody/symptomatic you are during regular cycles, the more you will be during pregnancy, and I have never experienced period-related symptoms. In my early-twenties, I started getting cramps on CD1-2, but I had never had cramps before as a teenager. I have never experienced PMS or moodiness, so I guess a general lack of symptoms is to be expected, that is, if you believe the old wives' tale.

On Friday, I was super-nauseous, but as I described before, I credit that more to the orange juice than anything else. I have been getting waves of occasional nausea and it is becoming slightly uncomfortable to wear jeans fully buttoned, but other than that, I feel really good.

I have been slowly building a tendency for indigestion and acid reflux over the past few months, so I can't blame it directly on pregnancy, but the list of no-no foods has increased.

It is now uncomfortable to eat/drink the following things:
1. oranges, especially orange juice
2. apple juice
3. bananas (though I like them enough that I have just been following them with a Tums)
4. jarred salsa (fresher, pico de gallo-style is still OK)
5. darker tomato sauces (again, fresher, more "tomatoey" kinds are still OK)

I used to poke fun of my mom for carrying around a little baggie of Tums, but it looks like this is genetic and it's in my very near future!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I recently started a Tumblr for offbeat-type people who are dealing with infertility, and I stumbled across your blog and noticed your metalhead/tattoo-loving identity. I realize you're pregnant now (congratulations!) but I was wondering if you'd be interested in submitting a post.

    The Tumblr: altif.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete