Friday, September 7, 2012

Holy. F@$#ing. Crap.

Beta is scheduled for tomorrow and IVFs and FETs, I absolutely have to POAS first. IUIs were cheap and unlimited in my insurance and research study situation, so I considered it rather "low stakes cycling." BFNs totally sucked, don't get me wrong, but at least they weren't financially devastating and there was always another IUI if we wanted it.

I consider IVFs and FETs to be "high stakes cycling." Each one is expensive and requires an incredible time commitment and emotional toll. It really is a grueling process to endure and the BFNs are even more painful.

That said, I cannot sit around on beta day waiting for that call. I would go absolutely insane. So I POAS first. During IVF #1, I bought a big ol' megapack of FRER HPTs and started testing a few days before beta. After several consecutive BFNs, I put that one last HPT back in the closet and basically gave up. When beta was eventually drawn, it was a much expected BFN.

The beta for this FET was scheduled for today, but I planned on going in tomorrow morning because it is generally frowned upon to miss work in this first week back at school. Knowing that I needed to POAS, I decided to test this morning. I just knew yesterday as I was thinking (OK, stressing) about it that it would be a BFN and that testing right before going to work probably wasn't a good idea.

But I did it anyway...


Not only were there two lines, but the second line was a big, fat dark line that showed up almost immediately. I honestly could not believe what I was seeing.

I jumped in the shower while C was still sleeping in the other room and I was literally crying the whole time. I was in such a tizzy this morning that I forgot to put on moisturizer or makeup, and an itchy patch of skin on my temple is reminding me of this fact. I left in a hurry and I haven't stopped smiling since.

I am going in for beta tomorrow and I am hoping for a good beta number since the line was so dark and appeared so quickly. I really want to surprise C with the news, but I want the beta call first. Luckily, he will be paintballing with friends all day tomorrow, so I can wait for the call and plan something all day without having him around.

Please let this be it! Everything is just too perfect for this to fail...

1 comment: