Thursday, September 27, 2012

7 Weeks!

Today is officially the seven week mark, so I figured it was time for an update. On my Bump posts, I have a ticker that gives a daily count of the baby's progress and I just can't stop looking at it! I figured I would snip today's look and post it here:



Follow-Up to Big Scare

After the bleeding scare on Saturday night, I was spotting lightly through Monday, but I haven't had any bleeding or spotting since, which is really reassuring. The sort-of common sense rule in the IF community is that brownish spotting usually is no concern as it is considered "old blood" and no cause for concern. It is the bright red variety that merits a call to the doctor. After the initial gush on Saturday night, I had light red spotting Sunday, then just the brown spotting for most of the day Sunday and Monday.

...And yes, I am fully aware that the above information is total TMI, but it's part of my reality unfortunately.

The Bladder Department

Ever since I was an infant, I was always famous for my infrequent bathroom visits. I rarely have to go and can usually overcome the need in the event of a bad public restroom or, heaven forbid, port-a-potty situation. Since becoming pregnant, I haven't really had the urge to go more often, but it has become important to schedule visits more often. Sure, it was convenient for the past seven years of teaching to go infrequently, but I am reminding myself more and more often to go throughout the day. Basically, and this is total TMI again, it seems like I need to go even though I don't feel like I need to go.

I am getting over a bad cold this week and I am still sneezing a lot. Let's just say that it has become imperative that my bladder be as empty as possible all the time in preparation for these sneezes and coughs. I have to wear regular pads overnight and for most of the morning because of the progesterone suppository discharge (it just keeps getting grosser, doesn't it?!) and I realized that this probably is a good idea for most of the day. I bought a few mega-packs of regular pads since I will be using progesterone up until about 10 weeks or so.

Nausea

It seems like most of the nausea I have experienced has been short waves, usually induced by something, or mostly cold-related. When riding as passenger in a car or smelling certain smells, I will usually feel a few waves of nausea undulating through my torso, but so far, they have never threatened actual vomiting.

On the cold front, however, I always get nausea and occasional vomiting after a cold or sinus infection. My stomach reacts to the mucus infection and I usually end up vomiting at some point. This week, I have had pretty much only this kind of nausea and I have even gotten rather gaggy on occasion.

Monitoring

Now that I am realizing that each of the three previous subsections have been completely disgusting, I figured it was time for an update on the actual bean. Tomorrow I will be heading into my RE's satellite location in Melrose Park, PA because they have extended hours on Fridays. After work, I will have my weekly ultrasound and blood work to check on the little embie and confirm my beta levels.

I will probably update again tomorrow with the results, but I certainly hope that everything is still OK in there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment