Monday, October 24, 2011

IUI #7 is in the books...

For the first time ever, we got the go-ahead to trigger on CD12 which landed on Friday.  Earlier that morning, I went in for a follow-up ultrasound.  On Wednesday, I had an ultrasound on CD10 with very positive and surprising results.  For the first time ever, I had two lead follicles in the right ovary and they were rapidly maturing.  Back on Wednesday, the on-call RE even said that her hunch was that we would be ready to trigger on Friday.

Recall from previous cycles that I have never triggered on CD12.  I have always had to go back for a repeat ultrasound on CD14.  Most of the time, I have triggered on CD14, but there were two occasions when I had to wait until CD15.  To trigger on CD12 with two healthy follicles was definitely a first.

Despite the cyst in the left ovary that persists to this day, my hormone levels are still "perfect" and the cyst itself has not grown. 

On Sunday morning, we went in for IUI #7.  C's count was fine - after wash it was around 15 million with 97% motility.  The IUI went perfectly, as usual, and now we are officially in the 2ww.  I will return on Sunday for more bloodwork and a follow-up ultrasound, then we will find out whether or not seven really is our lucky number the following Sunday. 

Last cycle was so crushing and it was so much like all of the others, I really believed that I could never go into another cycle optimistic again.  I don't know that I am going into this optimistic per se, but at least hopeful.  When treatment has only ever given me one follicle and a CD14-15 trigger and I suddenly have two and a CD12 trigger, you can't help but wonder if maybe something will be different this time...  Or at least hope that something will be different this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment