Monday, October 10, 2011

It's a mystery no longer...

...what the "mystery pill" is for the study.  I can say with confidence that it is probably Clomid.

Thinking back, I did always respond better to Clomid than to Femara and this cycle I had two follicles, even if one was not quite mature.  It took much longer to develop those two follicles, however, than it did on my previous trials with Clomid.

Without going into too much detail, there is another tell-tale sign that the pill was Clomid.  Let's just say that the period one experiences after taking Clomid is very recognizable, and that was just starting last night.  I will be counting today as CD1, which means I start this whole rigmarole of constant monitoring on Wednesday.

I doubt that I will actually be beginning a new cycle on Wednesday, however, given these two cysts that I developed.  Back in early 2011, I developed one cyst from two back-to-back cycles of Clomid and the RE left it up to me whether or not I wanted to continue cycling or take a break month.  C and I opted for the break, given a destination wedding we were attending that would have interfered with the IUI, as well as our shared exhaustion with the process.

With two cysts, however, it is more likely that I will have to wait one out and wait for the cysts to shrink.  I'm sure that they will make me return on CD3 for the baseline ultrasound and blood work and they will want to assess whether or not the cysts are affecting my hormone levels, but I think a break might be best for us anyway.  I will be giving the research coordinator a call tomorrow - more accurately, giving her voicemail a call - and letting her know that another cycle has begun.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment