Thursday, September 22, 2011

IUI on Saturday!

This morning was CD15 and I headed into the office yet again for another ultrasound and blood draw.  Since I already had to show up late to work on Monday and Wednesday, I opted to have the ultrasound first thing in the morning, then go back later in the afternoon for the blood draw.  I was able to get to work by 8am this morning, but that means that my bloodwork will not be available until tomorrow morning.

Despite the delay with the blood results, I got the call from the on-call RE at the downtown office that we could trigger tonight and schedule our IUI for Saturday morning.  Unless something crazy happens with the bloodwork tomorrow and she calls me to indicate otherwise, this is the plan.  I was so relieved, too.  When I spoke to the study coordinator yesterday, she said that the IUI could be tomorrow or Saturday and I was really hoping that it wouldn't end up on Friday.  I would have been really late to work, in addition to the three times this week I was already late.

Of course, there is another blood draw on the day of the IUI, but hopefully they will leave me alone for a while after that.  C is also off this Saturday, so he will be able to come with me.

I am not going to lie, however - I am still totally freaking out over this intramuscular Pregnyl injection.  I know that I am a big wuss, but it really freaks me out.  I already called my cousin and she is coming over around 9pm this evening to give the shot, but I am already stressing.  We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment