Monday, May 6, 2013

The wait begins...

Now that our due date is just ten days away, we could officially be headed into labor and delivery any day. I must admit, maybe it's the fact that this pregnancy has been relatively easy, but I'm still very comfortable and not at all nervous.

As I write this, Charley is squirming around. I still have not experienced any feelings of "lightening" and my Braxton Hicks contractions are more frequent, but still painless. As a matter of fact, I didn't realize that I was having BH contractions until I did some more research and found out what they feel like. I had been mistaking the tightening and hardening of areas of the womb for kicking and stretching, but now I realize these are the painless, but very strange-feeling BHs.

The last time I had a pelvic screen a few weeks ago, I was not at all dilated. Last week, however, at my weekly OB appointment, my blood pressure was slightly, really barely, elevated. The OB asked that I move this Thursday's appointment up to tomorrow to keep an eye on it. It was literally "high" by one point and I have no other symptoms of high BP, so they weren't overly concerned.

It has been strange, however, to tell people that we are due "next week." I have been really enjoying getting the last few preparations together for our hospital bag and the nursery, although I don't think any of this would be really "nesting." I haven't had any uncontrollable urges to clean or organize and I am just as excited about preparing for him as I was months ago!

Well, for now the wait continues and the excitement builds!

No comments:

Post a Comment