Wednesday, November 28, 2012

PIO? PI-No!

Yesterday, I zipped in and zipped out of the office for another blood draw before yet another PIO shot. At home, I drained the very last of a vial of PIO for the shot. In my big basket o' meds on my dresser, I have one more vial with about 1cc left -- barely a half dose. Another shot would mean another refill. Ugh.

I completely forgot about the callback today until my mom texted me in the afternoon wondering what the results were. I was tutoring another student this afternoon from 4:30 to 5:30 and the call didn't actually come in until the tail-end of my appointment.

After we wrapped up another evening's worth of algebra homework, I scurried out to the car, backed up down their impossibly long driveway, then called my voicemail to listen to the message in the car.

My progesterone was up to 43 which for me lately is really good. Then she said the magic words... "No more shots after yesterday's dose." I listened to the rest of the message -- continue suppositories, back next week for blood, blah blah blah -- then I hung up. I literally did a little dance in the car.

No more shots! No more vials! Just a few hours shy of the 16 week mark and we are finally done!

Things are getting better and a little more real! I had another OB appointment last week and, though we didn't get another ultrasound, the doctor did bring out the doppler and let us listen to the heartbeat for a minute or two. He also gave me the order sheets for our 20 week anatomy scan, which is less than a month away. Our next few weekends are a bit busy, so C and I have even discussed when we will go out and start our registry!

Though I was unable to attend my paternal family Thanksgiving, my Mom Mom announced for me and C finally called his parents. The whole family knows now and it is really starting to sink in.

Now, if I could just start showing a little bump instead of just looking fat, that'd be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment