Sunday, March 18, 2012

Just a few thoughts...

Well, we're a few weeks into infertility limbo and, so far, it has actually been OK. My co-teacher delivered her baby last Sunday and I have just wrapped up my first week of working with her longterm substitute. It's been OK, not great, but she'll be here until June, so I guess we're in for the long haul...

The last few days before my co-teacher left were a little rough. The kids were so excited about the baby and they were showering her with gifts for the last few weeks. We had parent/teacher conferences on her last day and, of course, all of the parents made a huge fuss, as well. As happy as I am for her, it is unpleasant to be in the situation of watching someone be celebrated and showered twice (this is her second child and I was at her first shower, too) while knowing that it will be at least a year before there is any hope of us being in that position, and that I will have to do a incredible amount of extra work to make up for her absence.

Otherwise, though, I continue to lose weight. I am down to the weight I was six years ago when I first started teaching. I haven't been quite as diligent in my workouts, but I am still tracking every calorie and I am hoping to get back to the gym more often once my schedule gets a little less hectic. I am doing a bunch of side work and making some extra money to save for IVF, which is very taxing, but it's also making me a bit more hopeful for the future.

C and I have been really happy and we have done some fun things together lately. We continue to work on planning his band's tour and I am coming up on Spring Break next week and I am trying to jam-pack it with fun things to do with family and friends. I feel like I have been through enough lately at work and with IF, so I'm treating myself.

While I think that we would have been excellent parents three years ago, I feel like we're only getting better and more prepared. Obviously, I don't think that IF was in any way a good thing, but I sometimes think that while we are waiting for our baby, our marriage and our lives have really improved and matured in a way that makes us more ready now than ever. I have been having constant dreams about holding babies, not necessarily our own, and I am going to take this as further proof that we are so ready.

Anyway, I will continue to post as we make decisions and progress. The next few weeks are our last shot at having a baby at age 28 in 2012, but this is obviously very unlikely. Hopefully, though we will have some luck and become parents in lucky '13!!

(Note: If my formatting is at all strange, I am blogging for the first time from our new iPad 2 and I am still getting used to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment