Sunday, November 27, 2011

Micro-IVF

As it looks less and less like IUI will be our path to a BFP, I have been doing some realistic research into our IVF options.  It seems like we might be candidates for a newer procedure called micro-IVF.  It is a lot less costly than traditional IVF and requires far fewer meds.  According to my initial research, it is recommended for women with normal hormone levels, regular ovulation and no MFI. 

I am also considering going to New York for IVF as the price is about $2000 lower and there are several grant programs.  Unfortunately, most of these grants are for NY residents only, but their website claims that there are some available to non-residents. 

As with everything else, I put it up to the experts - the ladies of the Infertility message board.  I will update the blog as I gather more information and make some decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment