Thursday, October 18, 2012

Double Digits!!

There was a time when it felt like this pregnancy was crawling by at a snail's pace. I worried about my betas doubling, I spent an evening in the ER for bleeding and anxiously spent time on bed rest with an SCH. In the past two weeks, however, I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by and let me tell you, the fast-moving pregnancy is much more enjoyable than the anxious and fearful slow-paced one.

Today is the 10 week mark and we are officially in double digits! In just a few short weeks, we will officially be in the second trimester. It's just so hard to believe.

Last Friday, I had another monitoring appointment to check on the SCH. Luckily, C was able to come and stand in the u/s room. I hadn't realized until we were there, but this was the very first time he was seeing the baby. He was only present for one u/s before and it was just for placement of the sac. At that point, there was no visible embryo and no heartbeat.

As soon as the technician was able to see the little bean, she showed us the heartbeat and its little arms, legs and head. Then, as usual, she made her measurements for several minutes. At the end of the u/s, she said that she would refocus on the baby to get some pictures for us and then we would be all set.

When she refocused on the baby, however, even she was visibly excited by what we saw. The baby was moving all over, waving its arms and legs and shaking its head! Though the technician had originally planned to just snap a few pictures for us to take home, we all ended up just excitedly watching the little jellybean dance around and put on quite a show. We joked that maybe it was the Cheerios I had eaten before the appointment or maybe the music in the car, but C had no doubt that this baby was a headbanger!

I am so excited, not only that C finally got to see the baby, but that it was so active during the appointment.

This afternoon, I have yet another appointment at Cooper to check up on the hematoma. I will be skipping out of work a little early and riding with my mom all the way to the NJ office, hopefully for the last time. They have completely cut out my Estrace to shrink the hematoma and they have discussed weening off the PIO and suppositories even though I am still on the full dose today.

I also have my first OB appointment on Monday at 10w4d. As much as I love my pregnancy nurses at Cooper, I am really hoping to be graduated from the RE by Monday.

Oh, and here is the ticker...

No comments:

Post a Comment