Thursday, April 11, 2013

35/35

35/35! Just a year ago, this is a day that I just couldn't imagine happening!

As of today, we are officially 35 weeks along and there are just 35 days left until we are fully cooked!

Everyone is asking how I feel, and it is actually kind of nice. It is nice to know that people are concerned and excited. It also reminds me of how lucky I am to be feeling so well.

For a single day while we were on our "babymoon" in Florida for Phillies Spring Training, I had some sciatic nerve pain when I would get up from sitting. If I would walk for a bit, however, it would go away. Other than that day, I haven't had a problem with the shooting hip-to-knee pains that so many of my friends experienced. So far, I also haven't experienced any Braxton-Hicks contractions, unless the mild cramping that I occasionally experience is actually a mild BH. I have had the wicked indigestion since the beginning, and that hasn't really changed.

Finally, my only complaint is some pretty intense swelling in my feet and ankles. Since I was in my early 20s, I have always had some problems with swelling related to heat or too much time seated. Pregnancy has only intensified this problem so that it is happening pretty much everyday. It is helped by wearing comfortable shoes and walking/standing as much as possible, but it can be a little uncomfortable. I also hate not being able to wear my sandals now that the weather is warming up!

Overall, I have more energy now than I did before I was pregnant and we are really making some progress in organizing all of Charley's things. It still has not set in how quickly this due date is approaching, much less the fact that there is always the possibility of an early arrival! The clock is ticking and the countdown is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment